Youth Employability Provider Network – About
The Youth Employabilty Aotearoa Provider Network is a directory of youth employability service providers across Aotearoa. Organisations are free to list their services here if they align with YEA’s key values and the provider network kaupapa.
Each provider plays a unique role within their community and offers a range of services and programmes that meet the particular needs and interests of rangatahi in their area.
We recognize that no one service or programme can meet the diverse needs of all rangatahi and so a diverse range of providers are needed. It is our hope that, by showcasing the work of providers across Aotearoa, we can strengthen connections, encourage new collaborations and assist in building on or customising what we already have. In turn, this will help to resist creating more programmes in areas that are already well serviced.
We also hope that by sharing the principles, practices and resources of programmes that are working well we will be able to support providers amplify the impact of their programmes and the employability skills of their rangatahi.
Criteria to be included in the
- Builds employability and wellbeing skills
- Meets the needs of the target group
- Intentionally provides for diversity and inclusion
- Achieves positive outcomes that are evidenced based
- Innovative and unique
- Potentially sustainable and scalable
- Incorporates strong relationships with business and industry
- Openness, transparency and willingness to share best practice approaches
- Meets Tiriti o Waitangi obligations
YEA‘s Definition of Employability
“A set of skills, knowledge and personal attributes that make an individual more likely to secure and be successful in their chosen occupation(s) to the benefit of themselves, the workforce, the community and the economy.”